Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mola Jacket- the First Orange Jacket

Here is the first "Orange" Jacket. Well, ok, it started out to be orange and this is what happened. It is made from various large and small strips of a variety of black fabrics to give it interest. The small molas in this photo are all from my trips to the San Blas Islands. There is a bit of beading (by me) on the front molas.
The top mola of the cats was purchased on the street in Panama City. It is now getting harder and harder for me to find quality molas in Panama City. The two dancing ladies on the bottom mola are a popular mola theme. Both of these molas are beaded (by me) Some couched red cording defines the back section.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne Lendaro said...

they certainly are colorful...

November 17, 2009 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Priscilla Kibbee said...

Thanks. It's become a favorite.

November 17, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home