Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Westminster, Vermont Quilt Show



This past weekend I was a vendor at the Westminster Quilt Show in Westminster, Vermont. There was a special exhibit by Pamela Johnson, a student of Ruth McDowell.






This was a mermaid quilt in the regular show.

They also had an excellent display of vintage quilts.

Another of the regular show quilts.
More antique quilts. I have one made from a similar pink fabric.
And another of Pamela Johnson's quilts.

This quilt from the regular show made me smile.


And yet another Pamela Johnson quilt. She also taught a class using Ruth McDowell's technique.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Priscilla, was surfing around and saw the 'Tree of Life' vintage quilt (under the mermaid one) - I have one exactly the same, my grandma made it in the late 1970's, after I selected it from a magazine. We are in Australia, so the kit was imported from the USA. So delighted to see another one!
Frances

December 28, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home