Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The New Tibetan Rug from Nepal

On most of my trips to Nepal I indulge in purchasing a Tibetan Rug. In addition to being a good investment, they can't possibly wear out in my lifetime or even my children's for that matter. This year it was a wine dragon beauty which is about 3 X 6 feet and a 100 knot. One disadvantage of buying them is that this one took up 11 pounds and a bit of space in my suitcase.

The other problem is where to put it? The floor its on is obviously out...it looks awful on that pattern. And I am way past out of walls to put it on. Maybe it can live in the kitchen with the other one for the winter. Obviously it never occurs to me what I am going to do with it when I purchase it.

You can see my other tibetan rugs and more information on how they are made by typing in tibetan rug on the search on the upper left.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger drossos carpets cheap hand made carpets/φτηνα χειροποιητα χαλιά said...

I REALLY LIKE YOUR INFOS WWW.DROSSOS-CARPETS.GR CHEAP HAND MADE CARPETS FROM THESSALONIKI

October 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home